Mind is like a bird cage with its many bars imprisoning the bird. The door of the cage is the heart, through which (when opened) the bird can fly to freedom so easily.
LETTERS FROM THE MANDALI, p. 34, ed Jim Mistry
1981 © AMBPPCT
- Creations Of The Limited Mind
- Mind divides a reality which is essentially indivisible.
- Mind Is Like A Bird Cage
- But even when the Keeper comes along and opens the door, the captive bird flutters about dashing against the cage.
- The Real Life
- "How to become footless and headless?" asked Baba.
- Mind Is Good If Controlled
- The horse is just like the mind; it is good if controlled, but dangerous if it becomes the master.
- True Forgetfulness
- When a man acquires the true forgetfulness, he enters the spiritual kingdom and passes through different degrees of forgetfulness until the Goal is reached.
- The Stopped State Of Mind
- If the mind tries to stop thinking, it goes into the sound sleep state, i.e. unconscious.
- On Keeping Mind Quiet, Steady and Firm
- Let Truth be your goal. This Truth Paramatman is nowhere to be searched for. For He is very near you, nay, He is with you, within you. Seek Him within you.
- Do not submit to desires, but try to control them.
- Speed-Breaker Story
- Stopping refers to the stopping of the mind. Baba said, "Mind working is man, mind working fast is mad, mind slowed down is mast and mind stopped is God."
- Real Samadhi For The Mind
- The fact is all is God, but you are misled by this shameless mind.
- Transcending The Mind
- Even when man is able to make direct use of the mind, he falls short of that ultimate experience of knowing himself as the infinite Godhead.
- Mind Is As Important As It Is Unimportant
- The mind eventually has to go, but we cannot try to force it out.
- Baba Stops My Mind
- You may describe it as consciousness without any thought, but that would also be a feeble description of the actual experience.
- Instinct, Reason And Inspiration
- Reason is the fulfillment of instinct, and inspiration is the fulfillment of reason.
- Master Of The Mind
- As a rule, such a Vali generally lives with drooping eyes in secluded spots, away from the gaze of mankind.
- Understanding As The Most Precious Attribute Of Love
- He awakened me further to the realization that His ways and words are always beyond the mind; understanding cannot come intellectually, but only as a result of love.
- Creative Control (Process Of Sublimation)
- The process of the replacing lower by higher values is the process of sublimation, which consists in diverting the psychic energy locked up in sanskaras towards creative and spiritual ends.
- Concentration On The Universal Aspect Of God
- Selfless service is accomplished when there is no thought of reward or result.
- I Declare That I Have Infinite Consciousness
- It is not easy for man to accept and keep on accepting under all circumstances that God is.
- The Art Of Shelving Thoughts
- It is important that you learn the art of "shelving" thoughts, so that you can function effectively and not be so drained by your experiences.
- As The Mind Obeys The Soul
- We have to have outward self-control as well as inner self-control. As the mind obeys the soul, the lower nature must obey the mind.
- The Divine Beloved Is Always With You
- I invite man to break through all of his self-created prisons, and taste of the unlimited life which I bring.
- Do You See Very Differently From Us?
- The death of the mind makes the eyes close, and you will only then see me as I really am.