Mehera and Baba at Ananda Valley in the 1930s.
THE BELOVED'S BELOVED
- Mehera's Childhood
- Mehera asked me would I be afraid in the forest like that, with wild animals roaring close by.
- Early Mehera
- Mehera was adamant. Her friends would be there. "I must wear the sari. Otherwise, I won't go!" she declared.
- Mehera Sees The Lord
- Ganga told Mehera and Freiny, "Merwanji, Maharaj's closest disciple, is coming."
- Have You Seen A Man Who Looks Likes This?
- Now we go back a little to the time in 1922 when I first saw Baba in Sakori.
- Why Don't You Ask Mehera?
- They were all discussing it quite hotly until Baba said, "Why are you all arguing? Why don't you ask Mehera what she wants to do?"
- So Different From Family Life
- He took the ring off His toe and put it on my finger.
- We Thought Just Of Baba
- Babajan was seated on a seat that Baba had had made for Her after He was God-realised and had come from Sakori.
- Those Quiet Early Mornings Were Very Precious
- So our lives were very strict, but we had Beloved Baba to ourselves; and how filled with joy we were!
- Baba's Moustache
- I trimmed the longer side, and again stood back to look. The side that had been longer was now too short! But that was not all. By now Baba's whole moustache was a little shorter than He usually wore it.
- In Happy Occasion Of Mehera's Birthday
- I remember Baba saying once that it is not so difficult to receive His grace, as to recognize it in the form in which it comes disguised.
- Don't Be Afraid, Come On, Hold Tight
- He so sweetly guided me in such a way that my giddiness went.
- The Dawn Light Was On His Lovely Face
- It was just a glimpse for a few second, but the sight of Baba dancing and singing in the dawn light is something I shall never forget.
- We Seldom Had a Treat Like This
- Baba was very playful, and He loved to tease us!
- How We Would Miss His Talking And Singing And Laughing
- It was because of Gulmai's fall that Baba postponed the commencement of His silence until 10 July 1925.
- That Much I Can Tell You
- "From the first time I saw you I recognised you as My Radha," He said.
- Blood Oath
- Baba told Mehera never to sign her name again, and he instructed Khorshed to keep the needle and to preserve it as something sacred.
- He Was So Intent On What He Was Doing
- This time we felt very happy; Baba had taught us what to do.
- Each Of Us Was Sure That She Was Right
- "White vase?" said Mani. "There was no white vase. It was a lovely brass one."
- Mehera Played The Role of Mary
- Finally consoled, Naja thus received her answer and from then on began doing her work with all her heart.
- What Kind Of People Could We Be?
- We planned to take two days to drive by car to Badnera where we would catch a train that would start us on our journey to Kashmir.
- You Are Invited For Mehera's Tea Today
- After a moment or two standing there with hands folded to Him, Mehera would turn round and walk quickly to the door.
- Prasad From Baba's Table
- Mehera called us all into the dining room "for prasad from Baba's table."
- We Bow To His Image
- For seven years the image was very clear and beautiful, but then the bark began to shed and it is no longer clear in the daytime.
- Think Of Baba And Say His Jai
- Never forget all life's a joke.
- Feeling Nice And Safe?
- "Baba, I'm feeling very frightened," I told Him.
- Most Of All He Loved Humanity
- Someone, perhaps it was a reporter in the early days when Baba visited England, asked Baba whether He had ever been in love. "Yes," Baba replied, "I am always in love with humanity."
- So Sweet To Hear Him
- As Baba walked He began to sing quite loudly at each end of the platform where there were no people, and very softly as He passed us and the others waiting for the train.
- Very Surprised By His Answer
- One Tommy joke I still remember because Baba enjoyed it so much was this: A teacher asked her students, "Does anyone know where God is?"
- A Bird's Eye View
- As all four sides of the room were half glass and half wall, it had a bird's eye view of Ahmednagar.
- Ring Leader Of A Gang!
- Because of all these feelings, my uncle began to publish derogatory articles about Baba in the newspapers and Gujarati magazines.
- Mehera's Birthday, Peter Wearing Reindeer Antlers
- I can see Sheba (Mehera's lovely mare) going around, picking up her ears for her mistress's voice, for it's nearly her lunch time.
- Their Sad Faces Again Lit Up With Joy
- All the Westerners were so happy and excited to see Baba again. "Delia found Me," He told them, "so I'm going to embrace only her."
- The Full Moon
- "Mehera always had a very close affinity for the moon," Meheru related.
- Mehera's Birthday And The New Life
- Mehera's birthday was celebrated in Mahabaleshwar on Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25th, 1950.
- Strictly Confidential
- I had received a confidential letter dictated by Baba with a warning never to mention the contents, particularly to Mehera.
- Baba's Love For His Beloved Mehera
- This celebration of Mehera's birthday was held on Sunday, 21st December  to enable more people to come to the occasion at Meherabad.
- When Will I Go To Baba?
- She suddenly noticed that Baba's face had clearly appeared in the bark on the trunk of the tree directly in front of her.
- Teardrops Of Joy
- Mehera's stretcher was placed before Beloved Baba's chair, and there her body rested till morning, surrounded by large blocks of ice which gave an ascetic touch, a feeling of the Himalayas reflecting her supreme purity.
- Mehera's Special Place In Baba's Heart And Work
- In regard to Mehera, Mani says follow your heart, which will take you only one place: up the high road to your Beloved Baba.
- How To Take Care Of God
- Whenever Mehera was called, no matter what she was doing, she replied sweetly, "Yes, Baba?"
- Tears Shed For The Beloved
- Mehera wept silently for a few moments and then quoted a favorite couplet: "Tears shed for the Beloved are like priceless pearls."
- An Internal Beauty
- The weather is so cloudy and windy. Mehera's birthday is in four days, and Mehera also is not well.
- Into The Ocean
- Baba thought about it for a second, then turned to Mehera and said, "If Mehera says yes and learns to swim, then you all can learn. If she agrees, only then can you learn to swim."
- You Must Get Married
- One day we found out that although P. P. and the mali had two children, they had never been married.
- Beautiful Orders From God
- In this way Baba showed us how to concentrate; how to think of the right thing. We were so happy to have our own beautiful orders from Baba!
- First Pink Coat
- Now at night when I think of Baba and remember every little thing that we did with Him, I realize that this was the first pink coat that Baba had worn.
- I Just Ran Away
- "And now I won't embrace anyone else!" He said.
- Her Love For Baba
- Her love for Baba outlives every other consideration, and outshines all neglect and delicacy of health.
- You Must Love Me As Radha Loved Krishna
- "That is love," Baba concluded. "It has to be created. You must love me as Radha loved Krishna."
- I Could Feel That Her Love Was So Deep For Baba
- She did not say a word. She was either looking down or at Baba all the time, unaware of her surroundings.
- She Was The One Who Never Annoyed Baba
- She did all Baba's things, but never overdoing it in a showy way.
- David Fenster: Staying At A Wonderful House
- Baba's message came as a shock, and Mehera exclaimed, "What! Leave this nice house? Why are we leaving tomorrow? Go and call Baba inside."
- Such Was Her Love For Baba
- She could touch your heart in such an intimate manner, bringing to mind stories of how Baba, when in a crowd of thousands, could make each person feel that He was giving His full attention only to him or her.
- To See Mehera For The First Time
- The men were called and stood on the ground. Baba smiled and said, 'Say Jai Baba to them.' I did, and they said, 'Jai Baba.'