Baba's love for animals stands out as a special phase in His life and work.
GLIMPSES OF THE GOD-MAN, Vol. 6, pp. 180-181
1994 © AMBPPCT
- The "Sparrow Incident"
- Merwan put flowers on the grave and solemnly recited a little prayer while his friends stood around with bowed heads.
- Baba's Love For Animals
- Baba's love for animals stands out as a special phase in His life and work.
- Think Hard What You Want To Ask For
- Babajan spoke some more words under her breath, then turned toward me and said, "All right beta (beta means 'my child'), you may go."
- Off We Went For Our Ride
- Baba's horse went at a gentle walk and He was happy that I had a good horse and enjoyed my ride.
- A Good Look At The Meherabad Girls
- Everyone had wanted to give the new girls a nice welcome, but instead they were greeted by a cat fight!
- Churchill Insisted That They Go
- If you wish to connect these incidents do so; I don't know.
- I Was Stunned
- Pausing, He gestured, "This ant will take human birth."
- His Creative Waves Of Love
- Every morning I shared my breakfast with a small, ugly, half-starved dog, who always wagged his tail in an effort to be cheerful. My witty fellow disciples called him "Mr. Craske."
- Baba's Love For Mastan
- He would wait patiently until I said, "Go to Baba, Mastan. Go to Baba."
- Only Baba Has The Authority To Do That
- He (Mastan) will be a very good soul who loves God.
- First Day In Charge Of The Birds
- We knew that whatever contact Baba had wanted with the birds was now broken.
- The Deer
- Baba had a small deer brought into the East Room and called her to pat it.
- Bird Enemas
- They were getting so much to eat that they could hardly walk.
- The Hoopoe Bird
- The hoopoe's leg had been broken by some child with a catapult or a stone. With a soft thread, we wound a matchstick around its leg, like a splint, fed it and kept it. It got better.
- Just Like A Human Infant
- Baba named this monkey Jumpu because he was always jumping and restless, but he was really an unusual monkey.
- Sheba The Watch Horse
- Goher herself was standing outside the gate, ringing the bell. Sheba, in a frisky mood, would not allow her inside; the horse knew it was too late in the evening for anyone to be coming inside their compound.
- At The Circus
- There were of course plenty of animal acts with monkeys, dogs, small horses, lions and elephants, not to mention clowns, dare-devil bike riders, tightrope walkers and trapeze artists.
- Babajan's Pigeon
- Thereafter, Baba himself dug a hole in the backyard of the Manzil and buried the bird.
- Cute Billy Goat
- Baba was so surprised. He saw that the goat was very tame and said, "Bring something for it to eat."
- Pegu The Siamese Cat
- Mrs. Diddi did her best to induce Pegu to come away with her, but the cat was drawn to Baba's magnetism and would not leave.
- The puppy was just managing to hold on to the ledge with its two front paws!
- Tiger On A Par With Buffalo
- But Baba took the question seriously, and spelt out the following on His alphabet board: "If you ever meet a tiger, stand perfectly still and inwardly repeat my name."
- Naughty Monkey
- Someone had given Baba a cute little baby monkey and I will never forget how sweet Baba looked holding that tiny, fluffy, brown creature right in the palm of His hand.
- The Unfriendly White Horse
- She grabbed Baba's hand and immediately pulled Him away, and they ran out of the stable.
- Begum, The Little Lady
- Begum, the tiny "lady" horse, provided Baba and all of us with many happy moments during our stay in Satara and Mahabaleshwar.
- How Do You Punish A Parrot?
- That naughty parrot had chewed up all the press buttons (snaps) on my jacket!
- Baba's Gopis Gave All Their Butter To Him
- "The buffalo was enormous," Mehera recalled. "It resembled a small elephant."
- In Quest Of His Missing Master
- From the day the dog saw his owner leave Quetta on a train, he had been valiantly trying to board each train in quest of his missing master.