Baba's love for animals stands out as a special phase in His life and work.
GLIMPSES OF THE GOD-MAN, Vol. 6, pp. 180-181
1994 © AMBPPCT
- The "Sparrow Incident"
- Merwan put flowers on the grave and solemnly recited a little prayer while his friends stood around with bowed heads.
- Baba's Love For Animals
- Baba's love for animals stands out as a special phase in His life and work.
- Think Hard What You Want To Ask For
- Babajan spoke some more words under her breath, then turned toward me and said, "All right beta (beta means 'my child'), you may go."
- Off We Went For Our Ride
- Baba's horse went at a gentle walk and He was happy that I had a good horse and enjoyed my ride.
- A Good Look At The Meherabad Girls
- Everyone had wanted to give the new girls a nice welcome, but instead they were greeted by a cat fight!
- Churchill Insisted That They Go
- If you wish to connect these incidents do so; I don't know.
- I Was Stunned
- Pausing, He gestured, "This ant will take human birth."
- His Creative Waves Of Love
- Every morning I shared my breakfast with a small, ugly, half-starved dog, who always wagged his tail in an effort to be cheerful. My witty fellow disciples called him "Mr. Craske."
- Baba's Love For Mastan
- He would wait patiently until I said, "Go to Baba, Mastan. Go to Baba."
- Only Baba Has The Authority To Do That
- He (Mastan) will be a very good soul who loves God.
- First Day In Charge Of The Birds
- We knew that whatever contact Baba had wanted with the birds was now broken.
- The Deer
- Baba had a small deer brought into the East Room and called her to pat it.
- Bird Enemas
- They were getting so much to eat that they could hardly walk.
- The Hoopoe Bird
- The hoopoe's leg had been broken by some child with a catapult or a stone. With a soft thread, we wound a matchstick around its leg, like a splint, fed it and kept it. It got better.
- Just Like A Human Infant
- Baba named this monkey Jumpu because he was always jumping and restless, but he was really an unusual monkey.
- Sheba The Watch Horse
- Goher herself was standing outside the gate, ringing the bell. Sheba, in a frisky mood, would not allow her inside; the horse knew it was too late in the evening for anyone to be coming inside their compound.
- At The Circus
- There were of course plenty of animal acts with monkeys, dogs, small horses, lions and elephants, not to mention clowns, dare-devil bike riders, tightrope walkers and trapeze artists.
- Babajan's Pigeon
- Thereafter, Baba himself dug a hole in the backyard of the Manzil and buried the bird.
- From The Kingdom Of The Birds
- One day they were all sitting round with Baba giving a discourse in the courtyard; suddenly a pigeon flies into the courtyard, falls at Baba's feet, and dies within 5 minutes, though not wounded.
- Cute Billy Goat
- Baba was so surprised. He saw that the goat was very tame and said, "Bring something for it to eat."
- Pegu The Siamese Cat
- Mrs. Diddi did her best to induce Pegu to come away with her, but the cat was drawn to Baba's magnetism and would not leave.
- The puppy was just managing to hold on to the ledge with its two front paws!
- Tiger On A Par With Buffalo
- But Baba took the question seriously, and spelt out the following on His alphabet board: "If you ever meet a tiger, stand perfectly still and inwardly repeat my name."
- Naughty Monkey
- Someone had given Baba a cute little baby monkey and I will never forget how sweet Baba looked holding that tiny, fluffy, brown creature right in the palm of His hand.
- The Unfriendly White Horse
- She grabbed Baba's hand and immediately pulled Him away, and they ran out of the stable.
- Begum, The Little Lady
- Begum, the tiny "lady" horse, provided Baba and all of us with many happy moments during our stay in Satara and Mahabaleshwar.
- How Do You Punish A Parrot?
- That naughty parrot had chewed up all the press buttons (snaps) on my jacket!
- Baba's Gopis Gave All Their Butter To Him
- "The buffalo was enormous," Mehera recalled. "It resembled a small elephant."
- In Quest Of His Missing Master
- From the day the dog saw his owner leave Quetta on a train, he had been valiantly trying to board each train in quest of his missing master.
- Trip To The Bronx Zoo
- When we wheeled Baba into the room where the penguins were kept, Baba had us stop in front of the big closed-in case where the arctic birds were provided with an environment simulating their native habitat.
- Sparrows And Marigolds
- I wish one of us could have sketched our Beloved as He is sitting out here, His drawn face radiating Love, watching the sparrows having their bath and the marigolds nodding happily.
- Baba would have His feet on a stool and He would put the toast on one side of His legs and the puppy would jump across to get it.