Salmon News From Norway
Updated news from the Norwegian salmon fishing scene. Catch statistics for the years 1996-2005 from 400+ salmon rivers. [more]
The news page also contains automated fresh International salmon news from 1800 news sources world wide.
Over: A nice day at Alta River, Norway. Photo: Ole Magnus Rapp ©
Dances with Swedish spring sea trout
A Norwegian pack of fly fishermen launches a nightly attack on the West Coast of Sweden on 1st of April 2005 - one hundred years after the end of the union with Sweden. Their aim is not to take Western Sweden as a Norwegian province, but to dance with salty Swedish trouts. Slushy, icy waters is soon turned into hot salsa! Photo: Jan Gunnar Furuly. [more]
Pay the state licence online!
Now you can pay the state licence to fish for salmon, sea trout and sea char (the picture above) in Norway's fresh water systems online. Pay and print the licence on your own printer! Photo: Jan Gunnar Furuly.[more]
Tuna flyfishing in Pacific Guatemala
The local fishermen we met in Monterrico, Guatamala had never seen anything like the flies we brought with us. But after two hot and nice hours of flyfishing for tuna's and other tropic fish species, they eagerly grabbed the fly box to change their lures for glittering deceivers. Photo: Jan Gunnar Furuly. [more]
Flyfishing in ZZ Top Land
This is the story on how a business trip to Chicago in March 2004 ended up in "Tres Hombres" flyfishing in the neighborhood of rock legends ZZ Top. Click on to join us Brown Trouting in the Missouri Ozarks! Photo: Jan Gunnar Furuly. [more]
The January 2004 Salmon Fly Swap
19 fly tiers from Canada, USA, Portugal, UK, The Netherlands, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway participated in The January 2004 Salmon Fly Swap. Look at the beautiful flies and read tying instructions and comments from the fly tiers! [more]
Øivind puts fly swaps in frames!
Øivind Urkedal has participated in several of the Furuly Salmon Fly Swaps. While many tend to try their fishing luck with the flies they get in return, Øivind puts them all in glass and frame. Look at his exhibition here! [more]
Visit my Virtual Flybox
This is a place where you mainly will find flies for salmon. Browse 140 illustrated patterns from 12 different countries. [more]
Flyfishing in Patagonia, Chile
March last year I went to Patagonia, Chile, to flyfish for trout & salmon. The landscape was awesome and the rivers just magnificent.
Right: Flyfishing in crystal clear Rio Cochamo.
Photo: Jan Gunnar Furuly.
Look at some pictures from my very nice fishing trip here!
The April 2002 Salmon Fly Swap
17 flytyers from USA, Canada, U.K, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway participated in "The April 2002 Salmon Fly Swap". You can browse all patterns here, with nice pictures, detailed tying instructions and comments from the fly tyer [go!]
Is it correct to show pictures of dead fish on the Internet?
Join the debate about dead & alive fish - or catch & release.[go!]
Or read reactions like "You don't hit your wife over the head with a club, do you?" [more]
Author of this page with a dead 13,7 kilo's lunker.
Photo: Furuly ©
- Search for news about salmon fishing from +200 Norwegian news sites(Norwegian text only)
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian Rivers2005
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian Rivers2004
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian Rivers2003
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian rivers 2001
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian rivers 2000
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian rivers 1999
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian rivers 1998
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and sea char in Norwegian rivers 1997
- Gyrodactylus salaris in Norway's rivers: Updated list
- Salmon massacre at Lærdal river
- Nye regler for laksefisket i Norge 1997 (Norsk versjon)
- New regulations in Norwegian rivers 1997 (English text)
- Catches of salmon, sea trout and char in Norwegian rivers 1996
- Salmon news from Aftenposten's web edition (Norwegian text)
- Salmon news from Aftenposten's web edition (English text)